Book you鸿运彩票手机appr driving theory test for:
- lorries, buses and coaches, including the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) part 1a and 1b (theory) and part 2 (case studies)
This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Start now on the theory test booking service
Before you鸿运彩票手机app start
You need you鸿运彩票手机appr:
- UK driving licence number
- email address - you鸿运彩票手机app have to book by phone if you鸿运彩票手机app don’t have one
- credit or debit card
You must have lived in England, Wales or Scotland for at least 185 days in the last 12 months before the day you鸿运彩票手机app take you鸿运彩票手机appr theory or driving test.
Car and motorcycle tests cost £23.
Lorry and bus tests cost:
- part 1a (multiple-choice questions) - £26
- part 1b (hazard perception) - £11
- part 2 (case studies) - £23
When you鸿运彩票手机app book you鸿运彩票手机appr test, say if you鸿运彩票手机app have a reading difficulty, health condition or disability.
When you鸿运彩票手机app don’t need a theory test
You don’t need to take a theory test before you鸿运彩票手机app book a driving test to upgrade:
- an automatic car licence to a manual car licence
- from category A1 (small motorcycle) to category A2 (medium motorcycle) if you鸿运彩票手机app’ve had the licence for at least 2 years
- from category C1 (medium vehicles) to category C (large vehicles) unless you鸿运彩票手机app got you鸿运彩票手机appr C1 entitlement from passing a car driving test
- from category D1 (minibus) to category D (bus)
- any licence to be able to tow a trailer
You don’t need to take a theory test before you鸿运彩票手机app book a:
Help with you鸿运彩票手机appr booking
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help booking you鸿运彩票手机appr theory test, or book if you鸿运彩票手机app don’t have an email address.
There’s a different service to book you鸿运彩票手机appr theory test in Northern Ireland.